Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 4th Poem--NaPoWriMo

the song I sang for you slipped                    

                                                                on a distant bank beneath cold stars

into the river with my new bikini bottoms            

                                                                that couldn’t do a thing for us I took you

and one blue canvas shoe                        

                                                                out with a sharp blade


                                                                 
                                                                shaped like pride                                      
                                                                                                 
my blood the last thing

                                                              before I changed my mind

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to have discovered you in the NaPoWriMo participants. I love your style and use of stark imagery.

    ReplyDelete